- Refried beans
- Sour cream
- Diced onions
- Grated cheddar cheese
Thursday, 9 May 2013
Thursday, 7 March 2013
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Check out GoodSync for backup to USB or it can backup to any/multiple cloud or FTP accounts. This is a pay-for app.
Also good is FreeFileSync which does folder comparison and backups, however it does not have the ability to backup to cloud accounts. But it's free (as in speech and as in beer) and it works on Linux too.
Thursday, 18 October 2012
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 lb (375g) ground chicken or turkey
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 can (10oz/284 mL) cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (19oz/540 mL) white kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup diced green or red pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 tsp chili power
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet at medium-high. Add chicken and onion and cook and stir until chicken is cooked through and liquid from onion evaporates – about 5 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except diced tomato and cilantro and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and heat through. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- [optional] Garnish also with fresh green onions and lime slices; serve with toasted whole wheat pita triangles. This chili is great while you are watching the game!Just a brief simmer time is all that is needed so that the vegetables keep their garden-fresh texture and taste. If you prefer more tender vegetables, simmer the chili a little longer – the mixture will get slightly more liquid and the flavours more blended.
Tuesday, 18 September 2012
- 1/2 green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small bunch radishes, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch dill roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- salt & pepper
Scoop the avocado flesh into a medium bowl and coarsely mash with a fork. Fold in the sour cream, basil, garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, radishes, green onions, dill, parsley. Pour the avocado aioli over the salad, season with salt and pepper, toss well.
- 3 eggs
- 1 bottle (341ml) beer
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillets
- 2l vegetable oil (for frying)
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch. In a second bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Mix in beer. Stir in the flour mixture. Season with salt and pepper. In a electric deep fryer or a heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375F. Coat the halibut fillets one at a time in the batter, then submerge in hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.